The mission of the Office of Performance through Excellence (OPE) is to empower and enable employees at every level of state government to create an excellent experience for the commonwealth’s customers and to achieve measurable results for all Pennsylvanians.
All commonwealth employees are Lean thinkers committed to exceeding customer expectations.
Our Key Goals
- Creating a commonwealth workforce of empowered Lean problem solvers
- Building effective partnerships and stakeholder relationships
- Supporting the adoption of Lean as the commonwealth’s management system and culture
- Developing a team of highly skilled Lean advisors
- Achieving measurable progress toward the commonwealth’s goals
The Office of Performance through Excellence (OPE), established in February 2018 by executive order of Governor Wolf, is the commonwealth’s central continuous improvement and performance management office. OPE works with employees at every level of the commonwealth to support continuous improvement, adoption of a Lean organizational culture committed to customer care and employee engagement, coordinated application of enterprise risk management and internal control activities, and delivery of measurable results to all people served by Pennsylvania state government.
- Governor Wolf Launches Online Dashboard to Track Progress on Top Priorities
- Governor Wolf Announces New Plan to Transform State Government Customer Service Experience
- Governor Wolf Appoints Neil Weaver to Lead Government Performance Office