Governor and First Lady Wolf Invite Public to Holiday Open House at the Governor’s Residence this Sunday
December 05, 2016
Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf and First Lady Frances Wolf invite the public to join them this Sunday, December 11th for a Holiday Open House at the Governor’s Residence, located at 2035 North Front Street. The Open House, which will run from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., will be held in conjunction with the Historic Harrisburg Association’s Annual Candlelight House Tour.
During the Open House, visitors will have the opportunity to drop off a new, unwrapped toy in the Toys for Tots box. A marine will be present to collect donations and talk about the program. Representatives from the American Red Cross Holiday Mail for Heroes program will also be present with holiday cards for visitors to fill out for local veterans.
“We look forward to this opportunity to open the Governor’s Residence during the holiday season so Pennsylvanians can take advantage of magnificent entertainment and holiday decorations on display throughout December,” said First Lady Frances Wolf. “We also encourage visitors to give back to our community through Toys for Tots and Holiday Mail for Heroes.”
Following is a schedule of entertainment provided by volunteers during the Open House:
State Dining Room:
- 1:00 P.M. Camp Hill United Methodist Bell Choir
- 2:00 P.M. Karl Hausman-Pianist
- 3:00 P.M. Men in Harmony
- 4:00 P.M. Lemoyne Trinity Lutheran Bell Choir
- 5:00 P.M. Hanover High School Victorian Singers
Grand Hall Steps/Reception Room:
- 1:00 P.M. Susquehanna Flute Quartet
- 2:00 P.M. Trust Trio
- 3:00 P.M. Members of the Pittsburgh Youth Symphony Orchestra
- 4:00 P.M. Mechanicsburg Area Senior High Wildcat Singers
- 5:00 P.M. Karl Hausman-Pianist
In addition, volunteer contributors to this year’s holiday decorations at the Residence include:
- Students from Highland Elementary School (Highland Park, PA) and the Capital Area School for the Arts (Harrisburg, PA), who made ornaments for the Children’s Tree;
- Debra Eberly from d.w. designs (Harrisburg, PA), who designed and decorated the Mellon Parlor;
- The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania (Strasburg, PA), who designed and installed the railroad display under the Children’s Tree in the State Reception Room;
- Michael Hoke from joseph allan DESIGNS (York, PA), who designed and decorated the Family Dining Room;
- Tracy Shue (York, PA), who designed and decorated the Erie Room;
- The Wolf Family, who decorated the State Entrance;
- Staff from the Governor’s Office, who decorated the Governor’s Library; and
- Staff from the Governor’s Residence, who decorated the Grand Hall Entrance.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to view the current art exhibitions on display at the Governor’s Residence, including works by the late Pennsylvania House Speaker K. Leroy Irvis, a photography exhibit curated by the Historic Harrisburg Association highlighting the history of Pennsylvania Governors’ Residences, as well as “thread paintings” by Easton-based artist Emil Lukas.
For those unable to attend the open house this Sunday, the Governor’s Residence will be open from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. on December 5th, 6th, 7th, 12th, 13th, and 14th for holiday tours. Both the Holiday Open House and tours are free, and reservations are not required. No large bags, purses or totes are permitted, and security measures will be in place. For more information, visit www.residence.pa.gov.
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf