Governor Tom Wolf and First Lady Frances Wolf Welcome Visitors to the Governor’s Residence this Sunday during Gallery Walk
September 08, 2016
Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf and First Lady Frances Wolf announced today that the Governor’s Residence in Harrisburg will be open to the public this Sunday, September 11th from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m. as part of the Art Association of Harrisburg’s Gallery Walk.
“The Governor’s Residence is currently home to some of the richest and most inspiring art talent that Pennsylvania has to offer,” said First Lady Frances Wolf. “We are proud to showcase this amazing talent as one of the 27 locations open for visitors to explore during Harrisburg’s Gallery Walk this Sunday.”
Visitors to the Governor’s Residence during Gallery Walk can expect to see:
- Artists from the Pennsylvania Arts Experience, Art Association of Harrisburg and the Arts Center of Mechanicsburg painting en plein air throughout the gardens;
- Local art instructor Bradley Gebhart drawing caricatures of guests;
- A-Muse Uncorked providing crafts and activities for kids;
- A brand new rain barrel from The Harrisburg Rain Barrel Coalition, which visiting children can paint with their handprints before it permanently becomes part of the Residence gardens;
- The American Red Cross – Central PA Region collecting items for the Totes of Hope program for homeless Pennsylvania veterans;
- Governor’s Residence volunteer docents providing information as visitors participate in self-guided tours of the house and the gardens.
This event is free, open to the public and reservations are not required. No large bags, purses or totes are permitted, and security measures will be in place.
In addition to Gallery Walk, the Governor’s Residence is now also open to the public for Third in the Burg, on the third Friday of every month from 5:00-8:00 p.m.
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf