On Monday, Governor Wolf was joined by families, advocates, and lawmakers to celebrate the one-year anniversary of legalizing medical marijuana in Pennsylvania.
Making sure that all Pennsylvanians have access to healthcare is a priority for Governor Wolf. This week, the governor joined Planned Parenthood Federation of America President Cecile Richards to host a discussion on the importance of ensuring access to women’s healthcare programs and the devastating effects proposed federal cuts would have on these services. Governor Wolf also released a statement of support for advocates who gathered in Harrisburg to rally for the protection of women’s health services.
In January 2016, Governor Wolf launched the “It’s On Us PA” campaign to address and combat sexual assault on college campuses. On Tuesday, Governor Wolf hosted a press conference to announced six new pieces of proposed legislation that will continue and strengthen the fight against sexual violence in Pennsylvania.
On Friday, Governor Wolf hosted an event with the Department of Banking and Securities and the Department of Aging to encourage seniors to protect themselves from financial fraud.
Governor Wolf’s Week, April 16, 2017 – April 22, 2017
- Governor Wolf Announces State Clean Energy Grant Investment
- Governor Wolf, Families, Advocates Celebrate One-Year Anniversary of Legalizing Medical Marijuana
- Governor Tom Wolf and First Lady Frances Wolf Join Pre-K for PA to Host Easter Egg Hunt at the Governor’s Residence, Highlight the Need to Invest in High-Quality Early Childhood Education
- Governor Wolf Urges Congress to Support Miners Protection Act
- Updated: Governor Wolf’s Statement on Pennsylvania State Police Pursuit of Steve Stephens
- Governor Wolf Statement on Capitol Rally to Protect Women’s Health Services
- Governor Wolf Announces “It’s On Us PA” Legislation
- Governor Wolf Announces $39 Million Investment in Water Infrastructure Projects in Nine Counties
- Wolf Administration Statement Opposing Senate Bill 383
- Governor Wolf Statement on Eric Frein Conviction
- Governor Wolf Announces Opening of First of 29 Compressed Natural Gas Fueling Stations Under Public Private Partnerships
- Governor Wolf Encourages Teens to Enroll in State Police Summer Camp
- Governor Wolf and Planned Parenthood Federation of America President Cecile Richards Hold Roundtable to Discuss Devastating Effects of Proposed Federal Funding Cuts
- Governor Wolf Urges Seniors to Protect Themselves Against Financial Fraud
- Governor Wolf Announces 79 Projects to Receive DEP Environmental Education Grants
Highlights from The Blog
- Medical Marijuana One-Year Anniversary Celebrates People and Progress
- What Medicaid Means to Xavier’s Family
Highlights from Twitter
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) April 18, 2017
Medical marijuana legalization is changing PA families’ lives. Retweet to show support for this important program. pic.twitter.com/YCYsJ0H1Ac
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) April 17, 2017
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf