On Sunday, Governor Wolf issued an order for flags to be lowered to half-staff in honor of Harrisburg firefighter Lt. Dennis DeVoe. The governor attended the memorial service for Lt. DeVoe in Harrisburg on Friday.
On Monday, Governor Wolf issued an emergency proclamation and travel restrictions in preparation for winter storm Stella.
Fighting the opioid abuse epidemic is a top priority for Governor Wolf and, on Thursday, he hosted a joint press conference with Pittsburgh Steeler Franco Harris to announce new prescribing guideline recommendations for orthopedics and sports medicine.
The governor also announced 216 new jobs in Montgomery county with the expansion of Cotiviti.
With the release of President Trump’s proposed budget and the GOP healthcare plan, Governor Wolf issued statements on how these two proposals could harm Pennsylvanians and their communities. Governor Wolf responded to the Congressional Budget Office’s statement that 14 million people nationally would be uninsured under the GOP’s American Health Care Act.
In a statement on Thursday, Governor Wolf expressed concern that President Trump’s proposed budget would cut funding for crucial programs that benefit Pennsylvania seniors, schools, and the environment.
Governor Wolf’s Week, March 12 – March 18, 2017
- Wolf Administration Prepares for Winter Weather
- Governor Wolf Orders Commonwealth Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Firefighter Dennis DeVoe
- Governor Wolf Announces Emergency Proclamation, Travel Restrictions Ahead of Winter Storm
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding Available for Volunteer Fire Companies Battling Wildfires Across the State
- Disaster Emergency, 2017
- Governor Wolf: CBO Score Confirms Pennsylvanians Will Be Worse Off Under GOP Replacement Plan
- Wolf Administration Outlines State Preparations for Winter Storm
- Governor Wolf Announces 216 New Jobs with Expansion of Cotiviti in Montgomery County
- Governor Wolf Announces 27 Keystone Grants for 27 Pennsylvania Libraries
- Governor Wolf Outlines Additional Efforts in Northeast Pennsylvania for Winter Storm Clean Up
- Governor Wolf Joins Pittsburgh Steelers Legend Franco Harris to Announce New Opioid Prescribing Guideline Recommendations for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- Wolf Administration Celebrates State Investments to Support Regional Façade Program Benefitting Route 6 Communities
- Governor Wolf: Proposed Budget Cuts and Program Eliminations Will Harm Communities Across Pennsylvania
- Wolf Administration Reacts to Proposed EPA Cuts, Noting Immediate and Devastating Effects if Enacted
- Wolf Administration Announces Millions in State Investments to Support Revitalization Efforts in Erie
- Governor Wolf Allocates Additional Resources for Snow Removal in Northeast PA
- Wolf Administration Cabinet Officials Tell Pennsylvania Congressional Delegation the Proposed American Health Care Act Will Have Dire Consequences for 1.1M Pennsylvanians
Highlights from The Blog
Highlights from Twitter
I’m going to keep fighting to protect Brian and the 700,000+ Pennsylvanians whose coverage is on the chopping block in Washington. https://t.co/FsENF4VzNE
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) March 16, 2017
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) March 15, 2017
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf