August Jobs That Pay Update: Revitalizing Communities, Improving Infrastructure, Supporting Jobs
August 17, 2018
During the last month, Governor Tom Wolf continued to propel the commonwealth’s economic growth by announcing major investments in Pennsylvania’s workforce and significant infrastructure projects, including increasing access to broadband and repairing more than 1,000 miles of road.
From a park sprung out of an underutilized rail yard in Johnstown, to sports complex improvements in Erie, to a blight elimination initiative in Northumberland County, Governor Wolf continued to build on his commitment to support revitalization efforts that strengthen communities across Pennsylvania.
To better connect communities across the commonwealth, the governor’s Resurface PA initiative improved more than 1,000 miles of Pennsylvania roads using more than 109,000 tons of pothole patching material in July alone.
Aligning with his initiative to provide high-speed internet access to every household and business in the commonwealth, Governor Wolf announced , the construction of 103 miles of above-ground fiber. This will bring access to broadband internet to more than 1,400 customers in Potter County.
Governor Wolf announced new funding for projects that will support the creation of more than 1,500 jobs once completed, including the construction of a commercial park in Washington County and the relocation of businesses into Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania had the highest GDP growth among all our neighboring states in the first quarter of 2018, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, surpassing that of all our neighboring states.. The Keystone State’s momentum is increasing and investments in communities are producing real results that reverberate across our entire commonwealth.
Highlights from July – August 2018
- Governor Wolf Announces New Funding for Five Projects to Promote Energy Efficiency, Support Farmers, and Spur Economic Development
- Governor Wolf Announces $92 Million Investment in Water Infrastructure Projects in 13 Counties
- Wolf Administration Highlights Investments to Bolster STEM Education
- Wolf Administration Announces New Funding for Cleanup of Former Allison Hill Automotive Site
- Governor Wolf, Senator Laughlin, Representative Fabrizio Announce Funding to Reopen Erie Recreational Icon JMC Ice Arena
- Governor Wolf Touts Importance of Education for Pennsylvania’s Economy
- Governor Wolf Visits Juniata, Union County Companies, Highlights Economic Growth and Workforce Development
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding to Minority-Owned Small Businesses, Promoting Job Creation and Economic Growth Through Diversity
- Governor Wolf Visits Pennsylvania Insulators Training Center, Discusses Apprenticeships and PAsmart
- Wolf Administration Awards $5 Million in Fresh Food Grants to Pennsylvania Elementary Schools
- Governor Wolf Announces Creation of up to 188 New Jobs Through Air Liquide Expansion in Northampton County
- Governor Wolf Announces Ritz-Craft Corporation of PA to Open Third Manufacturing Plant in Mifflinburg, Creating More Than 120 New Jobs
- Governor Wolf Announces New Loan Funding Enabling Businesses to Relocate to, Reopen in Pennsylvania
- Governor Wolf Announces New Apprenticeships for Clinical Research, Residential Electricians
- First Lady Frances Wolf Visits Harrisburg University, Highlights Governor Wolf’s Investments in STEM Education through PAsmart
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding to Help Northumberland County Eliminate Blight
- Governor Wolf Visits JLG Industries in Fulton County
- First Lady Frances Wolf Hosts Roundtable on Equal Pay, Encourages Continued Action to End Gender Pay Gap in Pennsylvania
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding for Saint Vincent College Library Upgrades in Westmoreland County
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding to Bring Broadband Access to Nearly 1,400 Customers in Rural Potter County
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding to Renovate and Expand the Green Ridge Fire House in Delaware County
- Governor Wolf Announces Critical Funding for Alice Paul House Domestic Violence Shelter in Indiana County
- Governor Wolf Announces Freshpet to Expand Presence in Pennsylvania, Create 100 Jobs
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding for Renovation of ACIDA Manufacturing Site in Lehigh County
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding for New Development on Harrisburg’s Second Street
- Governor Tom Wolf Announces $3 Million to Preserve Historic Buildings
- Wolf Administration Announces Funding for Coal Cleaning Plant and Rail Line in Somerset County
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding for Development of Cool Valley Business Park in Washington County
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding for Energy Efficiency and Facility Upgrades at Riverside School District
- Governor Wolf Tours Expansion of Iron Workers Training Center, Touts Investments in Apprenticeships
- Wolf Administration Provides Update on Statewide ‘Resurface PA’ Initiative
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding for Development of Business Park to Create More than 1,000 Jobs in Fayette County
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding for Redevelopment of Crane Iron Works Site in Lehigh County
- Governor Wolf Announces $16.5 Million in Funding for Five Economic Development and Public Health Projects in Erie County
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding for the Development of Kris Jones Company Headquarters, Creation of First Regional Startup Accelerator Program in Wilkes-Barre
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding to Expand International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Apprenticeship Programs in the Lehigh Valley
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding for Monaca Gateway Project in Beaver County, Improving Traffic Flow and Community Safety
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding to Expand International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Apprenticeship Programs in Lawrence County
- Governor Wolf Announces Six-Point Plan to Cultivate the Next Generation of Pennsylvania Farming
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding to Expand Juniata County Industrial Park to Meet Growing Demand
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding for Community Revitalization, Blight Elimination in Harrison Township, Allegheny County
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding for New Public Library in Leland Center Building in Allegheny County
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding for State-of-the-Art Cardiac Catheterization Lab at PennState Health Saint Joseph in Berks County
- Governor Wolf Announces Funding for New Johnstown Park, Helps Unveil Community-led, Two-Mile Iron to Arts Corridor Plan
- Governor Wolf to Eliminate Blight, Develop Affordable Senior Housing in Nanticoke
- Governor Wolf Announces Redevelopment of Former Duquesne Works Steel Mill Site in the Mon Valley
Highlights from Instagram
On Monday, I visited one of Fulton County’s largest employers. @jlgindustries in McConnellsburg manufactures access equipment like vertical and scissor lifts. I used to operate a fork lift when I started at my family business years ago. These lifts are little different, but I learned how they worked using JLG’s virtual reality training equipment. JLG’s job training program has helped more than 350 unemployed workers and those with employment barriers learn skills to get manufacturing jobs. My administration is proud to support business like JLG that connect workers with career pathways and help grow our economy.
Today I was in Beaver County to tour progress at the Shell cracker plant and announce new funding to improve traffic flow and safety in the area. This project brings hundreds of jobs to Western Pennsylvania and is a great example of how state government and private industry can work together to better communities. I am committed to supporting the region as the plant develops to enable further economic growth.