BLOG: Governor Wolf’s Week, April 17 – April 23, 2016
By: The Office of Governor Tom Wolf
April 22, 2016
On Sunday, Governor Wolf signed SB3, legalizing medical marijuana which will provide long overdue medical relief to patients and families who could benefit from this treatment. Members of both parties in the House and Senate, members of his administration, and advocates from all over Pennsylvania came together for the signing of this historic legislation on Sunday in the Capitol rotunda.
On Monday, Governor Wolf, joined by Senator Casey, signed the ABLE bill, which will help individuals with disabilities save for future expenses. He also visited Senator Folmer, Senator Leach, and Representative Miccarelli’s districts to thank them for their work on medical marijuana legalization.
On Thursday, the Governor held a bipartisan discussion to address Pennsylvania’s opioid crisis in Reading and signed a bill that makes it easier for survivors of spousal abuse to divorce their abuser.
- Governor Wolf Signs Bill to Help Individuals with Disabilities Save for Future Expenses
- Governor Wolf to Thank Senator Folmer for Work on Medical Marijuana Legalization.
- Governor Wolf Made Remarks at the Pennsylvania Early Learning Investment Commission’s Economic Summit
- Governor Wolf Announces Open Data Initiative to Engage Citizens in Innovative Policy Solutions
- Governor Wolf Announces 45 New Jobs with Expansion of SalonCentric Facility in York County
- Governor Wolf Thanks Representative Miccarelli for his work on medical marijuana legalization
- Governor Wolf Thanks Senator Leach for his work on Medical Marijuana legalization
- Governor Wolf Makes Remarks at the Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors Annual Conference
- Governor Wolf Announces $23.4 Million Investment in Water Infrastructure Projects in 6 Counties
- Governor Wolf Signs Six Bills into Law
- Governor Wolf Begins Series of Opioid Roundtables to Discuss Statewide Efforts to Combat Opioid Epidemic
- Governor Wolf Signs Bill To Support Survivors of Spousal Abuse
Highlights from The Blog:
BLOG: Massive Labor Force Increase Drives Jobs Numbers in PA
BLOG: “Today is Pure Joy” (VIDEO)
BLOG: Governor Wolf Talks “Government That Works” Reform Plan During Northwest PA Tour (ROUND-UP)
BLOG: Time to End Unlimited Campaign Contributions in PA
BLOG: Get Out and Fish!
BLOG: Five Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
BLOG: Open Data Initiative Will Bring 21st Century Transparency to PA
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf