BLOG: Medicaid Expansion by the Numbers (INFOGRAPHIC)
By: The Office of Governor Tom Wolf
December 10, 2015
Check out this by-the-numbers infographic on the Medicaid Expansion graphic from earlier today below, as well as a map of where enrollees live.
Infographic: Medicaid Expansion By the Numbers
What do 500,000 newly eligible Pennsylvanians look like?
- Pennsylvanians age 21– 30 years old represent 34 percent of the newly eligible. The second largest age group are those age 31 – 40 year, at 24 percent.
- 55 percent are woman and 45 percent are men
- 59 percent are white, 23 percent are African-American, 10 percent are Hispanic and 4 percent are Asian
- Every county has had a resident able to obtain access to health care coverage
- Philadelphia is home to 22 percent of the newly eligible enrollees
- 14 counties have 10,000 or more newly eligible individuals
- Sullivan, Pennsylvania’s smallest county, now has 217 newly eligible residents covered under Medicaid
Map: Where Do Enrollees Live?
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf