BLOG: Governor Wolf’s Week, May 29 – June 5, 2016
By: The Office of Governor Tom Wolf
June 03, 2016
This week, Governor Wolf signed a fair funding formula into law, making Pennsylvania’s system of school funding fairer and more equitable. Prior to the signing of this bill, Pennsylvania was one of only three states in the nation without a fair funding formula. Having a formula in place will assure school districts that new funding will be distributed equitably and investments in education will no longer be determined by the influence of one legislator over another.
In Philadelphia, Governor Wolf advocated for his $34 million plan to fight the opioid crisis to be included in the final budget. In Westmoreland and Washington counties, the governor also continued to hold bipartisan roundtables to discuss local and statewide efforts to lead the nation in combating the opioid abuse and heroin use epidemic. Fighting Pennsylvania’s opioid and heroin epidemic is a top priority for the Wolf Administration and these roundtables are an opportunity to work collaboratively with the General Assembly and community leaders to ensure Pennsylvania leads the nation in the fight to combat the opioid abuse and heroin use crisis.
- Governor Wolf Signs Fair Funding Formula, Renews Call To Restore Funding
- Governor Wolf Calls for $34 Million Plan to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Governor Wolf, Advocates Praise Fair Funding Formula, Call for Budget to Fund It
- In Washington and Westmoreland Counties, Governor Wolf Hosts Roundtables to Address Pennsylvania’s Opioid Epidemic
Highlights from The Blog:
- BLOG: A Rundown of How PA “Freed the Six-Pack”
- BLOG: Where the Opioid Crisis and Criminal Justice Reform Meet
- BLOG: How the Fair Funding Formula Will Work for Schools
- BLOG: What Self-Driving Cars Could Do For Pennsylvania
- BLOG: Pennsylvania Has a Fair Funding Formula: Sorry, Delaware and North Carolina
- BLOG: Department of Health Announces First Step in Roll-out of Medical Marijuana Temporary Regulations, Seeks Public Input (Round-up)
- BLOG: What Comes After the Fair Funding Formula?
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf