Governor Tom Wolf and First Lady Frances Wolf Invite Pennsylvanians to Visit the Governor’s Residence this Holiday Season
December 03, 2019
Governor Tom Wolf and First Lady Frances Wolf today announced the Pennsylvania Governor’s Residence will officially open to the public for the 2019 holiday season with the annual Holiday Open House to be held Sunday, December 8, followed by self-guided tours throughout the month.
“The Governor’s Residence is a wonderful place to visit year-round, but it is especially magical during the holiday season,” the first lady said. “This year we are proud to showcase diverse artistic talent from across Pennsylvania through our volunteer decorators, who traveled from every corner of the commonwealth and contributed countless hours to making the Residence particularly special this year. We are excited to share their work with visitors throughout the month of December.”
Volunteers from across the commonwealth who contributed to the 2019 holiday decorations at the Governor’s Residence include the following:
- Grand Hall and Grand Hall Reception Room: Designed and decorated by Governor’s Residence staff featuring Santa figures handmade by First Lady Frances Wolf and central PA artists Polly Stetler, Pat Sweetman, Nancy Kaboli, Elaine Lovelace, Claire Stoner, Janet Murphy, Joanne Balliet, Ophelia Chambliss, Catalina Ruiz, Susan Craver and Suzon Stauffer.
- Mellon Parlor: Designed and decorated by Angel’s Secret Flowers in Monongahela, PA.
- Family Dining Room: Designed and decorated by Floral Designs of Forty-Fort, PA.
- Erie Room: Designed and decorated by Graphitti Creations of Erie, PA.
- First Lady’s Office: Designed and decorated by Governor’s Residence Staff.
- Governor’s Office: Designed and decorated by members of the Governor’s Pennsylvania State Police Security Detail.
- State Entrance: Designed and decorated by First Lady Frances Wolf and members of the Wolf family.
- State Reception Room: Ornaments for the trees were made by students from York Country Day School in York, PA and a model train display was created by the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania.
In addition, the wreaths that are hung on the front doors of the Governor’s Residence were donated by Gary Hague, who won this year’s Pennsylvania Christmas Tree Growers Association (PCTGA) wreath competition. Gary has been a Christmas tree grower since 1973 and has operated a retail business in Hatfield, Pennsylvania since 1985. Hague’s Christmas Trees sells fresh-cut and choose-and-cut trees, makes their own wreaths and grows winterberry for retail and wholesale sale.
During the 2019 holiday season, the Governor’s Residence is open for public tours Monday through Friday from December 9 through December 20 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Holiday tours are self-guided and reservations are not required. The Holiday Open House, hosted by Governor and Mrs. Wolf, will occur on Sunday, December 8 from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m. and will feature live performers, holiday treats and a special appearance by Santa Claus.
For more information on touring the Governor’s Residence, please call the tour line at 717-772-9130.