Governor Wolf, PennDOT Highlight Customer Service Innovations at Norristown Driver’s License Center Grand Opening
August 26, 2016
Norristown, PA – At a public event this morning, Governor Wolf and Secretary of Transportation Leslie S. Richards celebrated new innovations in customer service and experience at the grand opening of the new driver’s license center in Norristown.
Norristown is a pilot location for many initiatives that will bring the Driver’s License Center experience into the 21st century, and focus on quality customer service, technological innovation, environmental stewardship and community engagement.
“There are few points where state government interacts with more Pennsylvanians that at the DMV,” Governor Wolf said. “Today, we’re taking innovations at our Driver’s License Centers to the next level. This new center relies on new technology and many other upgrades to deliver better customer service and experience.”
“When people come to PennDOT, they want a quick, no-hassle experience,” said Secretary Richards. “What we’ve built here in Norristown shows our commitment to giving customers the best experience and service.”
Innovations piloting at Norristown include:
• Customer feedback units at every counter station, giving real-time data on customer satisfaction and allowing for issues to be addressed more efficiently;
• Queuing text notifications that can be sent to a customer’s mobile device;
• Motor Vehicle Network, or MVN, a network of flat-screen TV’s in the waiting area that serve as a communication tool between PennDOT and its customers;
• Free customer Wi-Fi;
• Mural contest for Montgomery County students in grades 9-12;
• Energy-saving LED lighting, high-efficiency restroom fixtures and WaterSense faucets; and
• Photo station screens that can be easily lowered to provide privacy when needed.
Additional speakers at the event were Senator Daylin Leach, Department of Health Deputy Secretary for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Loren K. Robinson, MD, and Dr. Valerie Arkoosh, Vice Chair of the Montgomery County Commissioners.
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf