BLOG: Governor Wolf’s Week, Feb. 22 – Feb. 26, 2016
By: The Office of Governor Tom Wolf
February 26, 2016
This week, Governor Wolf participated in a White House roundtable on opioid addiction, announced a new website that tracks efforts to modernize government, announced that Online Voter Registration hit a 100,000-user Milestone, held a bill signing, and swore in the Advisory Commission on African American Affairs.
Governor Wolf also shared that he has treatable form of prostate cancer.
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men. Early detection is important and promising research shows accurate screening tests and preventive measures should help reduce the risk of death from prostate cancer.
Governor Wolf’s Week, 2/22-2/26/16
- Participated in a White House roundtable on opioid addiction
- Requested federal disaster assistance for January snowstorm
- Launched the first phase of a new website to track efforts to modernize government operations in order to reduce costs and improve services through the Governor’s Office of Transformation, Innovation, Management and Efficiency (GO-TIME)
- Announced that Online Voter Registration hit a 100,000-user Milestone
- Signed a bill that amends the Local Tax Enabling Act by exempting all active duty military pay, regardless of where it is earned, from the Earned Income Tax.
- Signed a bill that dissolves the two separate Horse and Harness Racing Commissions and establishes regulatory oversight of the racing industry with the creation of a single entity – State Horse Racing Commission – under the Department of Agriculture
- Held a media availability to share that he has treatable form of prostate cancer
- Swore in the Governor’s Advisory Commission on African American Affairs
- Released a statement on Leader Reed’s decision to hold a vote on a medical marijuana bill
ICYMI: Best of The Blog this Week, 2/22-2/26/16
BLOG: Online Voter Registration Hits Huge 100,000-user Milestone
BLOG: Early Detection Helped Tom and Could Make the Difference for You, Too
BLOG: Invest in Pre-K, Not Prisons
BLOG: Looking for Savings? Find Hundreds of Millions Here →
BLOG: Skyrocketing Property Taxes Are Due to a Lack of Education Funding
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf