Weekly Update: Signing Libre’s Law, Protecting Benefits for Veterans, Increasing Penalties for Child Endangerment, Passing a Budget That Invests in Schools, Jobs
By: The Office of Governor Tom Wolf
June 30, 2017
On Wednesday, Governor Wolf signed HB 1238, an overhaul of animal protection legislation that includes Libre’s Law. The governor invited the public to join him for the signing where they were able to meet canine advocates, including Libre, who added his paw print signature to the bill.
Governor Wolf signed a bill on Tuesday that aims to protect benefits for veterans. HB 168, known as the ‘Stolen Valor Bill,’ prohibits the fraudulent representation of military service or military decorations to obtain money, property, or other benefits.
On Thursday, Governor Wolf was joined by the Ryder family as he signed HB 217. The bill, which passed unanimously in the House and Senate, strengthens Pennsylvania’s child endangerment laws and increases penalties for those who carelessly and flagrantly endanger children.
On Friday, Governor Wolf commended the Senate and House on passing a bipartisan supported General Appropriations Bill and committed to finishing the budget.
Governor Wolf’s Week, June 25, 2017 – July 1, 2017
- Governor Wolf Invites Public to Attend Animal Protection Overhaul Bill Signing
- Governor Wolf Signs Stolen Valor bill into Law, Protecting Benefits for Veterans
- Wolf Administration’s PA Prescription Drug Monitoring Program Sharing Data with 10 Other States and D.C.
- Governor Wolf Signs Law to Increase Penalties for Endangering Children
- Governor Wolf Announces Support for 17 Municipal Stormwater Projects in Pennsylvania Counties in Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- Governor Wolf Signs Civil Asset Forfeiture Reform Bill into Law
- Governor Wolf Acts on House Bill 1071
- Governor Wolf Commends Passage of Bipartisan General Appropriation Bill, Commits to Finishing Budget
Highlights from Twitter
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) June 28, 2017
You can add PA to that list. We will not participate in this systematic effort to suppress the vote. https://t.co/EHnY2NJI5R
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) June 30, 2017
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf