Weekly Update: Signing State Related University Funding, Calling for Shale Tax Passage, Supporting PA Jobs and Business
By: The Office of Governor Tom Wolf
October 27, 2017
On Friday, Governor Wolf signed the funding bills for Penn State, Pitt, Temple, Lincoln, and PennVet. The Wolf administration is now able to release these funds after the General Assembly passed the bills earlier this week.
The governor continues to call on House Republican leaders to consider severance tax legislation for a vote. On Thursday, Governor Wolf was joined by Southeast lawmakers to urge the passage of this tax.
This week, the Wolf administration announced a partnership between CVS Health and OVR’s Hiram G. Andrews Center to create jobs for individuals with disabilities as part of Governor Wolf’s ‘Jobs That Pay’ initiative.
On Wednesday, Governor Wolf launched a series of public meetings to hear from small diverse businesses about the issues they face when working to get state contracts. The public meetings are part of a Commonwealth Disparity Study by the Governor’s Advisory Council on Diversity, Inclusion, and Small Business Opportunity.
On Friday, the governor traveled to Bethlehem to announce Manufacturing PA, a new initiative that will support job-creating investments in manufacturing and workforce development.
Ensuring that all Pennsylvanians are treated fairly and feel safe in the commonwealth is important to Governor Wolf. This week, Governor Wolf called on the legislature to vote on the PA Fairness Act that would extend non-discrimination provisions in state law to protect against discrimination based on sexual orientation, and gender expression or identity. The governor also urged for the passing of legislation that would provide protections to victims of domestic violence.
Governor Wolf’s Week, October 22 – October 28, 2017
- Governor Wolf Calls for Vote on Stalled LGBT Non-Discrimination Protections
- Governor Wolf Names Five New Members to Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs
- Governor Wolf Sets Special Elections for Pennsylvania’s 18th Congressional District
- Governor Wolf Urges Passage of Legislation to Protect Victims of Domestic Violence
- Wolf Administration to Announce Partnership with CVS Health to Create ‘Jobs That Pay’ for Pennsylvanians with Disabilities
- Governor Wolf Announces Record $690 Million in Human Services’ Recoveries and Coast Avoidance
- Governor Wolf Urges House Leaders to Hold Vote on Severance Tax
- Wolf Administration Offers Program to Help Health Systems Seamlessly Integrate with Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- Governor Wolf to Examine Overhaul of Pennsylvania’s Professional Licensing System
- GO-TIME: DEP Grant Modernization Is Increasing Efficiency, Improving Review Timelines
- Governor Wolf Kicks Off Sunday to Level the Playing Field of Small Diverse Businesses with State Contracts
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month, 2017
- Governor Wolf Announces Public Awareness Campaign Launch to Help Pennsylvanians Shop for Health Insurance
- Governor Wolf to Announces Details of New Manufacturing Initiative
- Governor Wolf: Severance Tax Right Thing To Do
- Governor Wolf Statement on President Trump Declaration of Opioid Epidemic as Public Health Emergency
- Governor Tom Wolf, First Lady Frances Wolf Honor Recipients of the 2017 Governor’s Awards for the Arts
- Governor Wolf Signs Funding for Pitt, Penn State, Temple, Lincoln, PennVet
- Governor Wolf Announces $25.4 Million Investment in Clean Water Infrastructure Impacting Seven Counties
- Governor Wolf Announces Thousands of Roadway Miles Paved, Hundreds of Bridge Projects Initiated this Year
- Governor Wolf Moves to Protect Senior Programs with New Lottery Initiative
- Governor Wolf Launches New Manufacturing PA Initiative
Highlights from The Blog
- October Jobs That Pay Update: #AmazonInPA, Launching Google Skills, Moving Jobs from NYC to the Lehigh Valley
Highlights from Twitter
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) October 23, 2017
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) October 24, 2017
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf