Weekly Update: Supporting Community Revitalization, Increasing Protections for Animals, Applauding Company Expansions in Pennsylvania
By: The Office of Governor Tom Wolf
August 25, 2017
Governor Wolf kicked off this week by touring several community revitalization projects in West Reading. The projects received funding support through the Department of Community and Economic Development.
On Tuesday, Governor Wolf visited the Humane Society in Harrisburg to discuss Pennsylvania’s new animal cruelty laws before they go into effect on August 28. Act 10 of 2017, which includes Libre’s Law, was signed earlier this summer and includes improved tethering stipulations and conditions for dogs, additional protections for horses, and increased penalties for animal abuse.
Governor Wolf continued his week with stops in Chester and Newtown Square to see firsthand companies extolling innovation and expansion. In Chester, the governor toured the headquarters of Power Home Remodeling Group, the nation’s second largest exterior home remodeler that has remained committed to Pennsylvania and the City of Chester since it was founded in 1992.
On Thursday, Governor Wolf toured SAP America and addressed SAP employees at their ‘All Hands’ staff meeting. The governor praised SAP’s recent commitment to add nearly 400 jobs across the commonwealth.
Governor Wolf’s Week, August 20, 2017 – August 26, 2017
- Governor Wolf Visits Humane Society of Harrisburg to Discuss New Animal Cruelty Laws Before Effective Date
- Governor Wolf Touts SAP America Expansion Across Pennsylvania
- Governor Wolf Announces Aid for Survivors of Flash Flooding in Washington and Clearfield Counties
- Governor Wolf Announces Two Pennsylvania Personnel Will Deploy to Texas in Support of Federal Response to Hurricane Harvey
Highlights from The Blog
- GUEST BLOG: Hear it From a Teacher: Reducing the PSSA Means Two More Days of Meaningful Education
- Follow me on Instagram
Highlights from Twitter
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) August 20, 2017
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) August 22, 2017
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf