Year-In-Review: Working in a Bipartisan Way to Achieve Legislative Victories
By: J.J. Abbott, Deputy Press Secretary
December 16, 2016
Despite historic Republican majorities in the legislature, Governor Wolf worked with the General Assembly to achieve significant victories to move Pennsylvania forward on many issues, including:
- Legalizing medical marijuana to help adults and children suffering from debilitating diseases.
- Allowing ride-sharing services like Lyft and Uber statewide.
- Implementing the most sweeping liquor reforms since Prohibition; including
- Direct shipment of wine to consumers,
- ‘Freeing the six-pack’ at gas stations, and
- Wine sales in grocery stores.
- Implementing several pieces of legislation to fight the opioid and heroin crisis.
- Expanding unemployment compensation to nearly 50,000 middle-class workers.
- Enabling non-violent offenders to have their records sealed to increase employment opportunities and reduce recidivism.
- Finalizing new regulations on gas drillers to protect water and land.
- Expanding protections for domestic violence victims.
- Helping prevent drunk driving with stronger penalties.
Change is hard to achieve, and only happens when we put partisanship aside for the greater good of our commonwealth. But Governor Wolf has shown that progress can be made if we come together and put working and middle class families first.
|YEAR IN REVIEW||SHARE||TWEET|
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf