Governor Wolf Tours Elizabeth Blackwell Health Center
Governor Wolf will be in Philadelphia to tour the Elizabeth Blackwell Health Center. Governor Wolf will thank volunteers and staff for their important role in defeating the attempted repeal of the Affordable Care Act and for their advocacy of health care rights for women and transgender individuals.
The Elizabeth Blackwell Health Center recently began offering trans health services, a critical extension of Planned Parenthood’s mission to deliver affordable health care to those who need it most. The center is the largest of the 10 health centers at Planned Parenthood Southeaster PA, which covers Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties.
Governor Wolf Tours Bryn Mawr Hospital
Governor Wolf will be in Bryn Mawr to tour Bryn Mawr Hospital’s newly renovated Warden Lobby space, new patient pavilion, and the neonatal intensive care unit. After the tour, Governor Wolf will join hospital executives and physicians to discuss the Affordable Care Act and other health care issues.
Governor Wolf Announces Introduction of “It’s On Us” Legislation
Governor Wolf will be joined by Pennsylvania Department of Education Secretary Pedro Rivera, state legislators, and various members of Pennsylvania’s higher education community to announce the introduction of “It’s On Us” legislation.
The six bills included in this legislative package would:
- Expand the scope, authority, and capacity of the Office for Safe Schools
- Publish an annual report card on sexual violence and harassment
- Create a consolidated, comprehensive anti-violence and anti-harassment policy for K-12 schools
- Require postsecondary institutions adopt affirmative consent standards
- Require that postsecondary institutions offer online, anonymous reporting options
- Establish amnesty policies protecting students who report sexual assault to postsecondary institutions
Governor Wolf To Announce Significant Investment In Workforce Training At CCAC
Governor Tom Wolf will join Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald and Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC) leaders to announce a significant investment in workforce training at the school.
Following the announcement the Governor will tour the K. Leroy Irvis Science Center.