Weekly Update: Bipartisan Efforts to Protect Health Care, Encouraging Job Creation, Continuing to Fight the Opioid Abuse Epidemic
By: The Office of Governor Tom Wolf
July 28, 2017
This week, Governor Wolf and his administration continued to work with a bipartisan group of governors to protect Pennsylvanians’ health care. Governor Wolf joined a group of bipartisan governors to send a letter to Senate leadership, encouraging senators to find a sensible and inclusive solution that will make health care available and affordable for every American.
On Monday, members of the Wolf Administration were at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) to discuss the impacts of repealing the Affordable Care Act would have on Pennsylvania children and their families. The next day, Insurance Commissioner Teresa Miller traveled to Washington D.C. to testify before the U.S. House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee on the immediate need for stability from the federal government to strengthen the Affordable Care Act.
Governor Wolf continues to encourage job creation and expansion in Pennsylvania. On Monday, the governor traveled to Adaptimmune Therapeutics in Philadelphia to participate in a discussion with employees focused on job creation and workforce training in the commonwealth. On Wednesday, Governor Wolf announced the expansion of Evoqua Water Technologies, a move which will create new jobs in Pittsburgh. On Friday, Governor Wolf visited World Trade Center Harrisburg on Cameron Street and applauded the center as a center for job creation and innovation.
Fighting the heroin and opioid abuse epidemic is a top priority for the governor. On Thursday, the Wolf Administration announced a report showing a decline in opioid misuse among young adults. “This information is good news,” Governor Wolf said. “Youth and young adults appear to understand the significant danger of addiction and possible death from the misuse of opioids.”
Governor Wolf’s Week, July 23 – July 29, 2017
- On ‘Jobs That Pay’ Tour, Governor Wolf Visits Adaptimmune Therapeutics
- Wolf Administration Visits CHOP to Discuss Implications of Affordable Care Act Repeal
- Governor Wolf Orders Commonwealth Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Clinton County Deputy Sheriff Stephen Herrold
- Wolf Administration Insurance Commissioner Testifies Before U.S. House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee on Immediate Need for Stability to Strengthen Affordable Care Act
- Governor Wolf Announces Expansion of Evoqua Headquarters Will Create 63 New Jobs in Pittsburgh
- Governor Tom Wolf Announces Development of Philadelphia Community Center
- Wolf Administration Announces Report Showing Decline in Prescription Opioid Misuse Among Young Adults
- Governor Wolf, Bipartisan Group of Governors Send Letter to Senators McConnell, Schumer Calling for Sensible, Inclusive Health Care Reform
- July Jobs That Pay Update: PA Recognized for Business Climate, Jobs Announcement
- Governor Wolf Denies Latest Trump Administration Request for Pennsylvania Voter Information
- Governor Wolf Celebrates Opening of Compressed Natural Gas Station in York County
- On ‘Jobs That Pay’ Tour, Governor Wolf Visits World Trade Center Harrisburg
Highlights from Twitter
Democratic and Republican governors are united: lasting healthcare reforms can only be achieved in an open and bipartisan fashion. pic.twitter.com/0nTXRUHpm9
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) July 27, 2017
Today, our Commander-in-Chief told Americans they cannot serve and sacrifice for their country because of who they are. That is dead wrong.
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) July 26, 2017
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf