Governor Wolf made several jobs announcements this week, including new state investments in rail projects which will support 375 jobs, the announcement of 251 new jobs with Convergys coming to Cambria county, and 208 new jobs with ACE Hardware coming to Lebanon county. Governor Wolf also continued his “Jobs that Pay” tour with stops in Lancaster and Pittston.
On Monday, Governor Wolf announced that Pennsylvania has secured a $26.5 million federal grant to continue the governor’s top priority of combating the heroin and opioid abuse crisis. The governor also announced that Drug Take-back Day will be held Saturday, April 29.
Also on Monday, Governor Wolf signed legislation that would provide a short-term fix to the state’s unemployment compensation system and pledged to continue to work with the General Assembly on a long-term solution in the coming weeks.
On Wednesday, the Pennsylvania Senate advanced a bill that would defund Planned Parenthood in the state. Governor Wolf released a statement calling on the Senate leadership to put a stop to the legislation and confirming that if the bill does make it to his desk, he will veto it.
Governor Wolf’s Week, April 23, 2017 – April 29, 2017
- Governor Wolf Secures $26.5 Million Federal Grant to Combat Heroin and Opioid Crisis
- First Lady France Wolf Outlines Waterway Protection Efforts Under Way at Governor’s Residence During Earth Day Gathering
- Governor Wolf Announces New State Investments in Rail Projects, Supporting 375 Jobs
- Governor Wolf, State Treasurer Torsella Discuss Passive Investments, Saving Taxpayer Dollars
- Governor Wolf Signs Short Term UC Fix, Calls for Long-Term Solution
- Governor Wolf to Delegation: Federal Cuts Will Hurt Pennsylvanians
- Governor Wolf Announces 251 New Jobs with Establishment of Convergys Facility in Cambria County
- Governor Wolf Announces Drug Take-Back Day to be Held Saturday, April 29
- Governor Wolf, PennDOT Announce $195 Million in Roadway Improvements in North Central Pennsylvania
- On “Jobs that Pay” Tour Governor Visits Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories
- Governor Wolf Statement on Senate Advancing Bill to Defund Planned Parenthood
- On “Jobs That Pay” Tour Governor Visits Greiner Packaging, Discusses Apprenticeships
- Governor Wolf Announces Ace Hardware will Establish New Northeast Distribution Center in Lebanon County and Create 208 Jobs
- Governor Wolf Announces 17 Alternative Fuel Incentive Grants for Pennsylvania Schools, Businesses, and Municipalities
- First Lady Frances Wolf Announces 2017 Governor’s Awards for the Arts to be Held in Lancaster
- Governor Wolf Joins PennDOT Secretary, Local Officials to Break Ground on U.S. 322 Improvement Project in Delaware County
Highlights from The Blog
Highlights from Twitter
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) April 26, 2017
In honor of the many lives cut tragically short, we commemorate Holocaust Remembrance Day. Evil like this must never scar our planet again. pic.twitter.com/HRhA60RUA9
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) April 25, 2017
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf