This week, Governor Wolf announced and toured several economic development projects. Governor Wolf participated in a walking tour of Philadelphia’s District 4 on Thursday to see economic development and revitalization projects in the area.
Also on Thursday, the governor announced funding for 30 community revitalization projects throughout Pennsylvania and tax credits for the City Mission Project to expand and improve services for the homeless in Washington, Pa. The governor also announced new jobs coming to Schuylkill County with the expansion of Hollander Sleep Products.
Combatting the opioid abuse epidemic and ensuring Pennsylvanians suffering from substance use disorder have access to quality treatment programs is a top priority for the Wolf Administration. On Tuesday, Governor Wolf hosted a press conference to discuss a letter he sent to White House Senior Advisor Jared Kushner to express concern of the potentially devastating impact the American Health Care Act would have on individuals seeking treatment for substance use disorder.
On Friday, Governor Wolf joined Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney to announce the city’s Opioid Task Force Report, which provides recommendations to develop a comprehensive and coordinated plan to reducing opioid abuse.
On Monday, Governor Wolf was joined by Attorney General Shapiro to announce the launch of the Pennsylvania Reentry Council, which will work to promote, identify, and implement successful re-integration programs for formerly incarcerated individuals and reduce recidivism.
Governor Wolf’s Week, May 14, 2017 – May 20, 2017
- Governor Wolf Orders United States, Commonwealth Flags to Half-Staff for Peace Officers Memorial Day
- Governor Wolf, Attorney General Shapiro Announce Launch of Reentry Council
- First Lady Frances Wolf Visits Columbia High School for “School Breakfast Week,” Highlights Need to Increase Access to Breakfast for PA Students
- Governor Wolf Announces ‘Troops to Teachers’ Grant Program
- Wolf to White House: Don’t Impede Progress on Addiction Crisis
- GO-TIME: New State Employment Website Offers Improved Experience for Job Seekers
- Governor Wolf Approves Support for 30 Revitalization Projects Throughout Pennsylvania
- Governor Wolf Announces Tax Credits for City Mission Project in Washington, Pa.
- Governor Wolf Announces 80 New Jobs with Expansion of Hollander Sleep Products, LLC in Schuylkill County
- Governor Wolf Tours Economic Development Projects in Philadelphia’s District 4
Highlights from Twitter
I just spoke about my concerns regarding the White House’s support of #AHCA and the effect it will have on addressing the heroin epidemic.
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) May 16, 2017
PA’s future depends on investing in what matters. Fighting for fair & increased funding for PA schools is still my top priority as governor. pic.twitter.com/2LcZKriY6S
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) May 17, 2017
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf