Weekly Update: Signing Pension Reform, Protecting Seniors from Financial Fraud, Seeking Bipartisan Health Care Compromise
By: The Office of Governor Tom Wolf
June 16, 2017
On Monday, Governor Wolf was joined by legislators in the Capitol Rotunda to sign Senate Bill 1, the bipartisan pension reform bill. The governor provided remarks during the signing and applauded legislators for working across party lines to pass the legislation that will protect taxpayers.
Protecting and advocating for Pennsylvania seniors is a priority for Governor Wolf and his administration. On Thursday, the Wolf Administration stood with advocates in the Capitol Rotunda in support of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day.
This week, the governor was joined by Department of Banking and Securities Secretary Robin L. Wiessmann and Department of Aging Secretary Teresa Osborne to host panel discussions on protecting seniors from financial fraud and scams in Monaca and Scranton. On Friday, Governor Wolf spoke at the Elder Access to Justice Roundtable Conference where he addressed his administration’s efforts to protect seniors. The governor also focused on the potentially harmful impacts the American Health Care Act would have on older Pennsylvanians.
Governor Wolf has been vocal about the devastating effects the American Health Care Act would have on Pennsylvanians if passed. On Wednesday, the governor voiced serious concerns about a report that highlighted the potential loss of 85,000 jobs in Pennsylvania due to changes in federal health care. Governor Wolf also joined U.S. Senator Casey for a press call on Thursday to discuss the negative impact passage of the American Health Care Act would have on Pennsylvanians. On Friday, Governor Wolf joined a bipartisan group of governors to send a letter to U.S. Senate leadership asking them to change the approach they are taking on health care.
Governor Wolf’s Week, June 11, 2017 – June 17, 2017
- Governor Wolf Announces Pilot Program to Connect Community Schools to Health-Related Services in Philadelphia
- Workplace Safety Awareness Month, 2017
- Remarks by Governor Wolf at Pension Reform Bill Signing
- Governor Wolf Signs Pension Reform Bill into Law
- Governor Wolf Praises Senate Action to Form Bipartisan Lead Task Force
- Wolf Administration Announces Denial of Appeal for Disaster Declaration Request
- Governor Wolf Hosts Panel Discussion on Protecting Seniors from Financial Fraud
- Wolf Administration Adds New Programs to Assist Job Seekers with Target Training Opportunities
- Governor Wolf Alarmed by Report on Job Losses from Federal Health Care Changes
- Governor Wolf Hosts Seniors Financial Protection Panel Discussion in Scranton
- Governor Wolf Vows to Protect PA Medical Marijuana Patients from Federal Government
- Pennsylvania Stands United Against Elder Abuse
- Governor Wolf Announces Opening of Another Compressed Natural Gas Fueling Station Under Public Private Partnership
- Governor Tom Wolf Commends Attorney General for Launch of Probe into Opioid Marketing and Addiction
- Governor Wolf Takes Fathers’’ Day Pledge to End Gender Violence
- Governor Wolf Addresses Elder Access to Justice Conference, Warns of the AHCA’s Damaging Effects on Seniors
- Governor Wolf Joins Bipartisan Governors to Call on Washington to Change Health Care Approach
Highlights from Twitter
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) June 12, 2017
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) June 15, 2017
Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf